Standard Types of Judgments
Spousal, money, and/or child support judgments
- Money judgments have a duration of 10 years from the filing date of the judgment.
- Spousal/child support judgment durations will extend over the 10 years. Spousal support judgments are considered until released; child support liens can be considered up to 5 years after the child reaches the age of majority.
- Money judgments may be extended for an additional 10 years when a renewal of judgment is recorded within 10 years of the original date of entry of the judgment.
- The only judgment that has a duration of 20 years is one in favor of the United States of America, as a Federal Corporation.
- Escrow orders demands and full or partial satisfactions from the judgment creditor. The Title company pays the demands at the close of escrow.
I hope you found the article useful. Give me a call if you have any questions.