Federal, State, and County tax liens, and EDD liens
- All the liens listed above have a duration of 10 years from the date recorded unless released.
- The lien can be continued for successive periods, with original priority maintained, by recording a re-filing notice before the original lien expires.
- Like judgments, these liens are blanket liens and attach themselves to ALL property belonging to the delinquent taxpayer.
- Escrow orders demands, the title company pays, the lienholder records the release.
- Escrow must have an IRS Power of Attorney form in order to obtain a demand.
- Title will not close without a demand on Federal and State tax liens.
I hope you found the article useful. Give me a call if you have any questions.